Sunday, May 10, 2009

What's on my Kindle

A snapshot of what's currently on my Kindle:
Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism by George Akerlof and Robert Schiller. I just started this one and it's probably not for everyone, but as a fan of behavioral economics/finance I've found it interesting so far.

House of Dimon by Patricia Crisafulli. I was not very impressed by this book, I got it because I'm a fan of Jamie Dimon's and it started out pretty well. However, it never got below the surface and started getting very repetitive.

House of Cards: A Tale of Hubris and Wretched Excess on Wall Street by William Cohan. I liked this book a lot and it gives a rather in-depth view of the Bear Stearns culture and inner workings that led to its demise.


Some samples that I want to test before committing to the full book (and a great feature of the Kindle)-
The Return of Depression Economics and the Crisis of 2008 by Paul Krugman.
Predictably Irrational by Dan Ariely (this one I started and really liked, I'm just waiting for an updated version to be released towards the end of the month).
Lords of Finance by Liaquat Ahamed.

And I always have a Sunday New York Times and a random day of the FT, although I don't subscribe to either.

No comments:

Post a Comment